Sunday, June 14, 2009

Any Ideas?????

So we have developed a bad bedtime habit at our house! The night starts out brushing the girls teeth, reading, saying prayers, yada yada yada. Ok so then I say goodnight and walk out. Then it starts..........."Mom".....(I ignore hoping they stop)........"Momma".......(ignore)......."Mommy"......(ignore)......"MOMMMMMMMMMm!".....Ugh!! I finally go in and they usually just want to say something or tell me the other one is bothering them and whatnot. The first time isn't usually so bad I can handle that one. But this happens 4 to 5 time per night!!! I feel like a grumpy grouchy mom! I don't want them to feel like they can't talk to me when they need to, but I'm having a hard time getting them to understand to tell me BEFORE mom leaves the room! I've tried to ignore it and see if they finally just stop, but they don't. I don't want them to go to bed thinking I'm mad at them either! So I am open to any suggestions on how to stop this BAD habit!!!! FYI: this is going on rightnow! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Buddy pulls that crap too. We love and logic them a lot (loveandlogic.com) but something that worked with Belle when she would interrupt me while I was talking to an adult (I need to do this again too with her) is I gave her 3 interruptions. I gave her 3 canning rings to wear and she could use them to interrupt me and tell everyone something. Then when she used all 3 that was the end. She saved them up pretty good!
    ps, I sent you an invite to write on the police wife blog, do it dude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a good idea! And yes I got the invite, I actually posted this on there like a retard and frantically tried to figure out how to get it off! FInally I did! Now I just have to think of something to say and I'll post it on there!

    ReplyDelete