Thursday, July 15, 2010

One hard call for Caleb..........

It has been a really long time since I updated my blog! I'm horrible....With that said, I feel like I need to do this. Caleb is going to hate me and this just may get deleted, we'll see :)
Last Friday, July 9th, I was sitting at home on the computer and I hear the front door open. Caleb patrols out west which is about 30 to 45 minutes away from our house. It's very unusual for him to just walk in the door without me knowing he's in town or coming home. Caleb had walked into the computer and what I saw made my heart drop. He was shaking and breathing hard and had tears in his eyes. Again, he's going to kill me for sharing this.
He explained to me that he had been sent out to a call where he had to give an 18 month old baby, who had been found in a canal, CPR and it doesn't look good. Caleb has been a Police Officer for nearly 8 years now. I have NEVER seen him break down. As weird as it may sound, it made me feel so good to see him like this. Not because I want him hurting, but it just reminds me even more than I already knew, that he is a giant teddy bear. His heart was hurting for this little girl. He is able to brush things aside very quickly, but I know he still thinks about her and how she is doing. That night things were not looking good for the little one, but the next day she started showing signs of life on her own. She is currently on Salt Lake at Primary Children's Hospital. They still don't know what the outcome will be, but it's in the Lord's hands. We pray for her and hope one day to see her happy and healthy again.
This may seem cheesy to some, but I had a hard time washing his pants after that night. I decided to take a picture for a reminder of how short life can be. Or the surprises that we least expect. I'm so thankful for the Officer Caleb is and how he is able to perform his job. I love you babe with all my heart. Please don't be mad that I posted this :)



5 comments:

  1. I love your husband. Almost as much as you do. He is a good officer and even if he kills you, this is an important moment in your lives to keep and remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy! Didn't know you were on that call It shakes you up a bit when your involved with that stuff! It makes you defiantly appreciate those you love and makes you realize it just takes a second for something bad to happen that could take one of them. Glad you were there to help that little girl. Jody

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm grateful you shared this. It's a reminder that as professional as our husbands are, they're still human beings dealing with tough things. I know the family will never forget what he and Korin did that night, even though she didn't make it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi caleb my name is jose huayton, a friend from peru

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi caleb my name is jose huayton, a friend from peru

    ReplyDelete